Recurring Event (See all)
As we adapt to the changing Covid-19 reality, Social Drop In has temporarily gone virtual through Zoom!
For more information or to request the link to this weekly member exclusive event, please email email@example.com.
How to Use Zoom:
- You will need a device with video/audio capabilities and access to WIFI to join
- At the time indicated, click the zoom link for the event you are attending
- Controls to turn on video and sound are on the bottom left corner of the screen. Make sure these are on.
- You will not be able to see everyone until the time of the event. If you go on early, you will go into a waiting room.
- If you are not talking, it can be helpful to turn your audio off until you want to speak. This keeps background noise to a minimum. Just remember to turn it back on when you want to talk!
- If for some reason you are having difficulty accessing Zoom, please send an email and I will do my best to help you through it.
- Here is a video that walks you through the process of joining:
Information to Know Before Using Zoom:
- Zoom is not a secure video conferencing tool. Therefore, it is best to avoid sharing personal details to help protect yourself.
- Zoom is a company based in the US. Therefore, they follow US privacy laws which are not as restrictive as those in Canada
- This being said, many professors at the University of Regina as well as other Canadian businesses have chosen to use Zoom as their primary conferencing tool. We are choosing to use it as it is very user friendly and an account is not required.
- Note, by joining the group you acknowledge that you are aware it is not a private network.
- More information on Zoom’s privacy policies can be found at: https://zoom.us/privacy
May 27, 2020 - 6:00 pm